Frequently Asked Questions

What is ISMP15?

International Standards For Phytosanitary Measures No. 15 (ISPM 15).  This standard was developed by the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) as a means to prevent the spread of insects and disease between countries.  Non-native insects and disease cause great harm to ecosystems.  The standard requires heat treating or fumigation, mill auditing and special stamps to signify compliance.

Can you provide pickup and delivery of our equipment being crated at your facility.

Yes.  Our transportation division will pick up your equipment and deliver it to any one of our facilities for crating. Once crated we can provide intermodal services or over the road delivery in the United States, Canada or Mexico.

Why should I use The D/C Group instead of packing my equipment myself?

We have been professionally packing and crating all types of commodities since 1974.  All that experience will save you time (money) because understand the rigors of air travel, over the road trucking, ocean freight, cross docking and so on.  We will ask the right questions, use the right materials, build the right packaging and supply the right documentation as standard practice.  You don’t have to guess at the correct way.

Do you have flatbed and other specialized equipment?

Yes.  We have a large variety of specialized equipment to move practically any size or weight commodity.

Can you pack and move hazardous materials?

We do pack a very limited number of hazardous materials.  Please contact us for details.  We are not a hazardous materials carrier.

Do you have more than one location in the United States?

Yes.  Please see our Service Locations in the About menu.

Can you pack equipment at my facility or do I need to ship to you?

We can pack onsite throughout the United States.  Sending the equipment to our facility is usually preferred.  However, for plant moves, projects, out of gauge or other special situations it may be better for our associates to work at your facility.  Please contact us to discuss your situation.

Do you have TSA and TWIC drivers?

Yes.  We have drivers that are TSA and/or TWIC approved so we can enter ocean ports and airports as needed.

How do I know when vacuum packing is required?

Vacuum packing, or vapor barrier packing, is used to protect sensitive electronics and metals from harsh environments. Salty ocean air is notorious for quickly damaging metals and electronics.   Air freight and inland freight moves in a much less caustic environment and most often needs less protection.  Please contact us and we can guide you to the correct preservation method.

Do you pack and move household goods for private individuals?

No. We are an industrial packing company.

Do you have bonded warehouses?

Yes.  Please contact us for a list of our bonded facilities.

If I need services in different states do I need to contact those offices directly?

No.  You only need speak with our Elk Grove Village, IL or Greer, SC office and we will provide a single point of contact.